A world famous club with a fantastic heritage
• London Scottish FC was founded in MacKay's Tavern (Ludgate Hill), on April 10th 1878
• LSFC have produced 224 international players for Scotland - more than any other Club
• Famous players of recent years include Gavin Hastings, Mike Biggar, Al McHarg, Kenny
Logan, Rob Wainwright, Alan Lawson
• LSFC has produced 4 British Lions Captain's & a number of British Lions Players
• Traditionally played at the elite of British Rugby for over 100 years
• Turned professional in 1996 and played in the English Premiership
• Demoted 9 divisions by the RFU in 1999 due to financial reasons
• Reformed in 2000 as a purely Amateur Club at Level 9
• Promoted 7 times in 11 seasons
• Has a successful professional coaching and commercial structure
• Currently in the Championship (1 division below the Premiership) & qualified for the play-offs in 2014/15
• Over 1000 members and extensive network beyond
• Match day crowds of between 1500 - 2,500 people
• Has an academy and development structure to produce future players
"A strong Scottish XV is imperative, not only for the game in Scotland, but for world rugby. The London Scottish project is not only exciting but it is, in my view, one of the important
components of the future success of Scottish rugby."
"We are proud to announce our continued support of London Scottish for a further two
years. It is a great club with fine Scottish traditions."
"Wherever you go in the world of rugby, London Scottish is a club which commands admiration and respect. It has always been associated with class and quality, and there is a real ambition and determination within the club to restore London Scottish to its
"London Scottish will always have a very special place in my heart. Some of the happiest
times of my rugby career were spent at the club. It is world famous, and if it were back
playing at the elite level, it would be a fantastic boost for the game. It would provide a
superb platform for players who aspire to playing for Scotland - the ideal stepping stone
for international recognition."
By 2018 London Scottish will be publically recognised as a top four Championship club, playing in front of 3,000 season ticket holders with a performance rugby academy producing players for our professional team and beyond while holding true to the traditions and values of London Scottish.
The Leading High Performance Academy by 2018
Identify and develop Scottish and non-Scottish eligible players through a sustainable and professionally managed academy structure, fundamentally based on a player centred approach.
To deliver professional players for London Scottish first and foremost, from where ultimately these players can reach the elite level of international rugby, representing Scotland and other international teams.
The aims will be achieved through strong and mutually beneficial partnerships between London Scottish and the stakeholders involved in the Academy.
Click here to download our London Scottish Academy Brochure.