CONVENOR OF SENIOR RUGBY
London Scottish requires a new Convener of Senior Rugby which is a vital Executive Committee position with the following responsibilities:
1. Oversee all areas of amateur rugby in conjunction with the Rugby Director.
2. Represent senior rugby on the Executive committee.
3. Working with senior rugby Team Managers and the Director of Rugby to facilitate the One Club pathway.
4. Report to the Executive committee on the goings on of senior rugby on a monthly basis.
5. Ensure all sub committees/groups have all resources available to them to do their roles.
6. Prepare yearly budget in conjunction with Rugby Director and Treasurer.
TAKE CHARGE OF MAKING LONDON SCOTTISH THE CLUB THAT HAS THE MOST FUN OFF THE PITCH!
A vital part of being part of every rugby club is the post match socialising and going on an annual club tour. London Scottish wants to appoint a volunteer Social Secretary to make the senior rugby off-field experience as good as we want it to be on the field. A volunteer London Scottish Social Secretary is required to be responsible to do the following:
1. Organise social events for players throughout the season.
2. Organise at least 2 fund raising activities a year for senior rugby in order to finance better levels of support for all the senior teams and to help finance a club tour.
3. Discuss and chair meetings with a “social committee”. This will be made up of club members and players representatives to understand the needs of the clubs members and players regarding social events. The Social Secretary will report to the Convener of Senior Rugby
TEAM MANAGERS REQUIRED FOR THE THISTLES XV AND THE EXTRA Bs
The rebuilding of London Scottish continues with the practical delivery of the One Club theme in full swing. 1st XV performance squad players are appearing for the Highlanders while the Thistles and Extra B’s are now populated by ambitious players interested in and capable of, moving up to the Highlanders and beyond. We have coaching and support staff in place for both teams but they require a volunteer manager to work with Corne du Rand to bring the level of support up to the Highlanders’ level. If you want to become a key part of the new London Scottish performance team, here is what is required:
1. Be part of the selection committee to manage team selection.
2. Make contact with opposition to discuss logistics, KO time, numbers for catering etc.
3. Confirm with Rugby Director (CdR) match day logistics, pitch/changing room allocation, catering, transport requirements etc.
4. Confirm with fixtures sec. referee details, phone number etc for home matches.
5. Announce selection and ensure all players have all information required.
6. Send team selection, KO time and venue to communications manager in the LSFC office for website, social media etc.
1. Arrive prior to meet time and prepare team changing room at home and away matches.
2. Ensure all players arrive and chase up late comers etc.
3. Meet referee, ensure they have everything they need, confirm they know where to go post match etc. for home games.
4. Meet opposition, ensure they have everything they need, confirm they know where to go post match etc. for home games.
5. Post match, ensure all kit is taken back and packed away accordingly.
6. Report match scores to relevant bodies.
1. Ensure match report is provided to the LSFC communications manager for the website etc. Can nominate player to assist.
1. Be an ambassador for senior rugby at London Scottish.
2. Support and promote the “One Club” policy.
3. Work with the Convenor of Senior Rugby, the Director of Rugby and other team managers to create an overall season strategy as well as contribute to membership and recruitment policy.
If you are interested in applying for any of the role above please email email@example.com