Applications are now being accepted as the club seeks to appoint a new Community Manager.
The Community Manager is responsible for developing relationships and partnerships with the community through the game of rugby. This includes delivering coaching programmes in schools, managing the minis rugby section at the club, engaging with the wider community, through club initiatives, and driving an increase in playing and club membership.
You’ll form part of the team to make London Scottish the best community rugby club in London with the mantra of ‘Community – Championship – Continuity’ as part of the vision.
Community Manager – London Scottish Rugby Club
Application closing date:
30 July 2017
2nd or 3rd of August 2017 in Richmond or Teddington
15th August 2017
We offer a competitive basic salary, depending on experience, with the further opportunity to earn a performance bonus.
Travel expenses or vehicle to be provided.
Community coaching in schools:
- Prepare and agree a plan for the community programme with the CEO and the Rugby Director for LSFC.
- Assume lead responsibility in marketing the programme with both local authorities and with private schools.
- Organise and deliver coach education sessions and further personal development, through training and experiences for all community rugby coaches.
- Assume lead responsibility for arranging coaching session logistics re venues, coaches etc.
- Working with the Sponsorship Manager, ensure that the Club delivers on all its commitments to sponsors as regards the community programme.
- Work with the Finance Manager, CEO and Rugby Director of LSFC to prepare a detailed budget for the programme. Support the Finance Manager in collecting due cash in and settling with suppliers.
Mini Rugby Management:
- Prepare and agree a plan for mini rugby for the season with the CEO and the Rugby Director for LSFC.
- Manage the Skills Passport Programme for Mini Rugby and schools delivery.
- Assume lead responsibility for managing mini rugby at the Club and contribute as executive member of the Minis Executive Committee.
- Organise and lead a membership drive aiming to have an agreed target of paid up mini rugby players.
- Organise and deliver coach education sessions for all mini rugby coaches.
- Contribute as a member of the Steering Group to the Club’s successful Annual Mini Rugby Festival.
- Prepare and agree a delivery plan for each of the camps with the CEO and the Rugby Director of LSFC.
- Assume lead responsibility in marketing the camps.
- Assume lead responsibility for arranging the logistics for the camps re registration & payment process, venue, coaches, prizes, website etc.
- Support the Finance Manager in collecting due cash in and settling with suppliers and managing the payment options.
- Prepare and agree a plan for community matchday activity for the season with the CEO and the Rugby Director of LSFC.
- Assume lead responsibility for delivering the agreed community activity plan on LSFC First Team match days.
Corporate Social Responsibility:
Participate as reasonably requested by the CEO in such CSR programme activity as is in place.
The right candidate will possess of the following skills & attributes:
- Strong People Skills
- Highly Organised
- Effective Communicator
- Coaching Skills at the desired level including coaching multi sport to kids of all abilities
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to get the best out of children in lessons
- Ability to lead and up skill a team of community coaches
- Can work as part of a team and take own initiative
- Natural leader
Required qualifications & experience:
- Level 2 Coaching Awards
- 2 years coaching experience in clubs or schools
- Experience in community projects will be beneficial
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover letter to the LSFC – Rugby Director, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of the 30th of July 2017.