London Scottish Girls Rugby (age U13, U15 and U18) are looking for two coaches!
The Girls Section at London Scottish has been growing rapidly, and with more players taking up the game we are looking to provide them with the best chance to learn, have fun and develop their game. For this to happen we need more coaches!
Perhaps you are just the person to help build girls' and women’s rugby at a great club that opens up development opportunities for coaches.
When: Starting immediately
Type of role: Volunteer Girls Lead Coaches
The ideal candidates:
- Enthusiastic and passionate about rugby and in particular the girls’ game
- Holds a RFU Coaching badge of minimum level 1
- Strong knowledge of the game and willing to learn and progress in their coaching
- Experience in coaching boys and girls of different abilities and ages will be an advantage
- Perfect for a person with the initiative and determination to grow the girls game
- Able to coach on Sunday mornings from 11:30 till 13:00 and be able to go with the teams to tournaments and joint training sessions or games
- Ability to organise the team management for the benefit of the players
- Fit in with the coaching philosophy at the club to a player-centered approach
- Manage the pathway within the club and liaise with Richmond Women to continue offering opportunities to our girls after junior rugby.
- Manage development of current and new players
- Organisation of the girls section at London Scottish with the support of the Club Development Manager and the team management.
What the club can offer:
- Support through the Club Development Manager and Community Team
- Coach education via the club internally and support for the right candidates to progress in coaching through CPDs and coaching courses.
- An unique, friendly and ambitious club in London
Contact Club Development Manager, Corné du Rand, via email with a cover letter stating your skills and qualifications.
Applicants will be required to meet for an interview at London Scottish.