For those people attending the St Andrew’s Day Dinner and Dance on Thursday evening, we can reveal there is an exclusive auction list available to our guests.
However, if you are unable to attend, you can still register your interest for the auction items listed below. Simply email Lee Rust for more information.
1. Game of golf at the prestigious Loch Lomond Course for 3 people with David Reid, London Scottish and Tesco Chairman, together with dinner at the club and accommodation at Cameron House Hotel. Boasting some of the most breathtaking scenery of any course, and designed by the unparalleled Weiskopf-Morrish partnership, it has been named as one of the greatest golf courses in the world.
2. London Scottish 23rd Man Experience. A truly unique opportunity to experience a London Scottish matchday through the eyes of the professional players. You will join the team for a day as 23rd man. See your name listed on the squad sheet, sit in for the pre-match team talk, take part in a full warm-up, wear your London Scottish kit with pride and take your place on the bench to cheer on the boys and listen to the coaches’ instructions from the best seat in the house.
3. Holiday of a lifetime at the world famous Quinta Do Lago resort in the Algarve, Portugal. The lot includes a week’s stay at the exclusive Caledonia villa between May and September 2012. Situated on the prestigious golf course itself the Villa comes complete with maid service, 7 bedrooms (6 doubles, one single), a private swimming pool and tennis court. With a market value of over £7000, this truly is a holiday that you will never forget. Please note: The Purchaser must be the occupant of the Villa.
4. Exclusive Polo Experience for 4 people. Experience Polo at the world famous Beverley Polo Club. A two night stay at Tickton Hall, a beautiful country estate set in the heart of East Yorkshire, includes expert Polo training by the Club’s instructors. Having previously hosted the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and counting Jodie and Jack Kidd as members, the club is regarded as one of the finest in the country, and caters for all ages and abilities. The stay provides the perfect opportunity to try something different or for an expert to hone their skills.
5. Classic Sports Car and Scottish Banter Weekend for 2 people (Proceeds to be shared with Wooden Spoon, The Children’s Charity of Rugby)
Malvern-based Morgan Motor Company was founded in 1910 by Harry Frederick Stanley Morgan. The prestigious firm handcrafts world renowned sports cars and has had waiting lists of up to 10 years. Enjoy a private tour of their factory to see how the elegant machines are made before being given the keys to your Morgan of choice to use for the entire weekend. The fun does not stop there: over the weekend you and 3 others will be invited by legendary Scottish scrum-half and Gloucester head coach Bryan Redpath, to a round of Golf at Gloucester Golf Club.
6. Private Dining at Drummonds Bank for 8 people hosted by Kenny Logan with David Reid, Harry Keogh and Gavin Hastings. Founded in 1717, Drummonds has held accounts for clients such as HM King George III, Benjamin Disraeli and Isambard Kingdom Brunel. Their private dining room represents an inimitable opportunity to be entertained by Scottish rugby royalty in a luxurious money can’t buy venue.
7. Two night stay for 2 people in the ‘Sovereign room’ at Gleneagles. Enjoy the finest comforts and the ultimate in luxurious relaxation at the globally-renowned Five Star Gleneagles hotel. Officially named as ‘One of the Leading Hotels in the World’, the stay includes unlimited use of the hotel’s facilities and full Scottish breakfasts. This prize will allow you to unwind in the spectacular 850-acre grounds in the heart of beautiful Perthshire.
8. Hand signed Willie John McBride “Unbeaten” British Lions 1974 Montage. Willie John McBride, the legendary captain of the undefeated 1974 Lions team that toured South Africa, and creator of the Lions’ famous “one in, all in” mantra, has hand-signed this magnificent piece of artwork. It celebrates one of the defining figures and eras of the Lions’ illustrious history, and as items of sporting memorabilia go, can only be described as truly exceptional.
9. Limited Edition Tag Heuer Monaco Watch – Based on the classic 1969 Tag Heuer Monaco timepiece, this limited edition update is one of only 250 in existence worldwide. Made exclusively for our sponsors Watches of Switzerland, the stylish square face evokes the glamour, danger and sporting tradition of the Monaco Grand Prix, while exuding class and style.