London Scottish is accepting applications for the post of Assistant Performance Analyst for the 16/17 season.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their skills within the professional sporting environment of a dynamic Greene King IPA Championship club.
- Assist with the coding of both the team and individuals of all 1st team matches, both home and away. This may include filming.
- Conduct in-depth opposition analysis using the template provided, ensuring that upcoming opposition games are available as soon as possible
- Film and code the First Team Squad training sessions
- Film and code all Academy matches as directed by the Academy Head Coach
- Conduct statistical analysis and provide feedback to the Head Performance Analyst as requested
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Studying for an MSc in Performance Analysis or completing an undergraduate degree in a similar field
- Familiar with Excel & Powerpoint
- Knowledge of Nacsport or Sportscode
- Understanding of the game of rugby union
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to work and communicate as part of a team
- Disciplined in the approach to work with ability “to think on their feet”
- Reliable and enthusiastic with the ability to work well under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Desire to learn and develop
- Willingness to work unsociable hours (weekends and evenings as required)
Reports to: Head Performance Analyst
Location: Teddington (training days), Richmond (home match days)
Hours: 2 days per week plus match days
Expenses: Up to £100 per month
Start date: August 2016
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 6th July
Interviews: Wednesday 13th July
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a cover letter and CV (2 pages max) to the Head Performance Analyst, Jonathan Bray (Jonathan.Bray@londonscottish.com).