London Scottish is accepting applications for the post of Head Physiotherapist.
The Head Physiotherapist (HP) will be responsible for implementing the medical provision for all players. The successful candidate will co-ordinate all aspects of care including working closely with the team doctor on all medical related matters as well as with the assistant physiotherapist on musuloskeletal issues.
The HP will also be responsible for bridging the gap between the medical and other management teams, communicating all matters effectively.
• To manage the medical team staff, overseeing the medical care provided for all players ensuring compliance with regulatory bodies.
• Provide accurate diagnosis and oversee treatment and rehabilitation of the senior first-team players.
• Formulate, co-ordinate and supervise detailed recorded prehabilitation and rehabilitation programmes for allocated players.
• Liaise with the Director of Rugby and Head Coach regarding the progress of all injured players on a daily basis.
• Provide training and match day Physiotherapy cover to the senior squad.
• To act as the club’s ‘Clinical Governance Lead’, responsible for ensuring compliance with the RFU audit process.
• To manage the medical budget for the club’s medical equipment and consumables.
• To lead the Injury Surveillance programme and communicating feedback to the other management teams.
• To provide weekly scheduled rotas for staffing arrangements both in training and at home games.
• To ensure all trauma equipment is checked and logged on a weekly basis.
• To lead the communication with medical insurance companies regarding injury claims.
• To lead the communication with consultants and specialists regarding player issues.
• Keeping documentation on all aspects of injury management in accordance to the standards set by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) utilizing the Rugby Squad software.
• Ensuring all medical staff are compliant with documentation guidelines through running regular audits.
• Liaise closely with the medical team regarding assessment findings and treatment progression for the players, injury status and progress on a daily basis.
• Assist with treatments and prehab/rehab for first-XV and academy as required.
• To lead with musculoskeletal screening of all players.
• To lead with the scheduling of injured players as required.
• Provide training and match day physiotherapy and pitchside trauma cover for the first-XV team.
• To co-ordinate rehabilitation requirements, programmes and progression in conjunction with the strength and conditioning coaches.
• To lead on developing rehabilitation protocols.
• To keep abreast of current best practices, maintain CPD and take an active role in the departments CPD programme.
• To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the post-holders capabilities.
***Weekend work (match days) will be required***
– Member of the HPC and CSP.
– More than 4 years post-registration experience in MSK medicine.
– Experience of working within a rugby environment, with a good working knowledge of the game demands.
– More than 3 years of working in professional/elite sport (ideally rugby union)
– MSc or equivalent in Sports and Exercise Medicine/Sports Physiotherapy
– Holder of a valid Immediate Care in Sport (ICIS) qualification
Successful applicant will be required to start the post mid to end of August, 2016.
Job title: Head Physiotherapist
Organisation: London Scottish (Rugby) Football Club
Salary: £28,000 p/a
Location: The Lensbury Hotel, Teddington, Middlesex.
Closing date: 17/07/2016
Interview dates: 20/07/2016
Contract type: Fixed Term (Full time)
How to apply:
Please email a CV and cover letter to Gruff Parsons, Head of Performance on firstname.lastname@example.org