London Scottish is looking for a new Head of Strength and Conditioning to take them into the 2018/19 season. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to lead the physical development of professional rugby players competing in the dynamic Greene King IPA Championship. If successful you will be responsible for preparing and delivering a comprehensive strength and conditioning programme to the First Team squad.
Key Responsibilities: will include, but not be restricted to.
- Design and deliver individualized physical development programs to each member of the London Scottish squad to enhance their on field performance.
- Manage player load for optimal training and game availability as well as maximizing performance outputs.
- Implement procedures and report on player wellness daily.
- Educate and inform players on nutrition and lifestyle for optimal performance.
- Work closely with the medical team to form a cohesive performance department.
- Design and implement appropriate return to play procedures.
- Implement and report on up to date physical testing of each player.
- Build strong relationships with the members of the rugby department.
- Be proactive in developing the club.
- Manage and develop other members within the performance department.
- Recruit, manage and develop interns.
- Manage and organize equipment for trainings and match days.
- Must have a sports science degree or degree in relevant subject area.
- 2 years experience in professional sport.
- Experience in and a sound understanding of the game of rugby.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to communicate ideas and information clearly.
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to work and communicate as part of a team.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Reliable and enthusiastic with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Excited by the chance to contribute to the entire London Scottish Club.
Reports to: Director of Rugby
Location: Teddington (training days), Richmond (home match days) – London, England.
Contract: Full time – Salary to be discussed at interview.
Start date: 1/06/2018
Closing date for applications: 08/04/2018
If you wish to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a cover letter and CV (2 pages max) to Dave Morris: email@example.com