There is an exciting opportunity available at London Scottish as Marketing & Communications Executive.
Ambitious Championship rugby club London Scottish are looking to employ a Marketing and Communications Executive as part of their growing off field team. The post offers the candidate an enviable opportunity to develop a broad and enjoyable range of skills within a world renowned club. It represents the ideal prospect for a graduate, or somebody who is actively seeking to shift into the sports industry, to develop and progress rapidly.
Full time post. Salary £17k.
• Populate the website with informative, well written and interesting content
• Develop and deliver the club’s social media strategy
• Work with the commercial team to develop promotional and marketing campaign concepts, particularly match day marketing and club events
• Develop and deliver clear and effective briefs for design partners to produce promotional material and creatives for matches and other events
• Co-ordinate distribution and promotion of content through a range of channels including, but not exclusive to, social media platforms and e-bulletins.
• Write, plan and coordinate the Club’s match day programme, including ghost-writing the Director of Rugby’s column, while making sure it fulfils all sponsorship obligations
• Keep abreast of Club events and news, and ensure it is distributed through the appropriate channels
• Liaise with various Club sponsors, coaches and players to ensure that appropriate matchday promotions are distributed to the widest audience and market possible
• Continue the development and growth of the London Scottish Business Club
• To deal with a variety of stakeholders including press, members with view of developing relations that drive the club’s marketing and media profile forward
• To film and edit in-house video interviews that populate the club’s YouTube channel
• To deliver elements of matchday operations that relate to marketing and communications
• Manage all ticketing enquiries and processes
• Articulate and confident communicator (both written and verbally)
• Experience of utilising social media as a promotional tool
• Experience of web content management systems, including their usage and maintenance/ management
• Computer literate to a high degree
• A passion for sport
• An enthusiastic, committed and self driven individual
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Excellent communication
• Willingness and flexibility to work weekends and occasional week nights
• Strong organisation and interpersonal skills – able to be self-managing
• Experience in filming and basic video editing
• Degree qualified
• Experience of working with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders; including sports clubs, national governing bodies and broadcasters.
• An awareness/ appreciation of online marketing (e.g. PPC, SEO, email, Display etc.)
• An awareness/ appreciation of web analytics
Early applications will be appreciated. Applications (CV & covering letter) should be sent to Commercial Manager Lee Rust firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 12th October 2012.
Interviews will be held subsequently.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Lee Rust: email@example.com