London Scottish is pleased to offer a part-time internship within their Strength & Conditioning Department for the 2013-14 season.
London Scottish is an ambitious RFU Championship Rugby Club based in Richmond, London. This position is unpaid.
The successful candidate will work as part of an experienced multi-disciplinary team and will be assisting in the planning, delivery and monitoring of strength & conditioning provisions for the full-time professional playing squad.
Responsible to: Head of Strength & Conditioning
• Evidence of a committed, hard-working and enthusiastic approach to performance enhancement
• Currently enrolled in undergraduate / postgraduate study in sport science / strength & conditioning or recent graduate from such a programme
• Have experience providing strength & conditioning services to high-level athletes, preferably within rugby union or other team sports
• Possess strong aspirations to pursue a career in strength and conditioning
• Evidence of up-to-date knowledge of the strength and conditioning theory and its practical application within team sport
• Good organisational and communication skills
• National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) Accreditation or UK Strength & Conditioning (UKSCA) Accreditation
• Competent & confident in the use of Microsoft Excel
In addition to the above roles and responsibilities, the successful candidate will be required to assist the rugby, medical and strength & conditioning staff in providing a professional environment to the playing squad.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to prepare a presentation for interview. Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com (subject; S&C Internship Application)
Closing Date: 10th May 2013
Interviews week starting: 19th May 2013
Position start date: 2nd June 2013